26.1399, Klingon; Language Documentation: Vajna' Qagh Recipe

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 13 15:08:37 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1399. Fri Mar 13 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1399, Klingon; Language Documentation: Vajna' Qagh Recipe

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 11:08:12
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear Subscribers, Linguists, Language Lovers, and Amateur Chefs,

Our goal at the LINGUIST List is to provide valuable information and services
to our readers. One such spring of knowledge is our culinary typology - the
LINGUIST List Cookbook:

http://linguistlist.org/cookbook/

If you have a recipe for some linguistic linguini, phoneme Phở, or any
delicious dish, we’d love to include it in our Cookbook! We are hoping to
expand this year into traditional recipes written in other languages with
their translations into English. Please contribute to our endeavour by
emailing us at:

funddrive at linguistlist.org

Please consider donating to our 2015 Fund Drive as well:

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org

Today, we’re featuring a recipe that goes where no cookbook has ever gone
before: authentic Klingon Vajna' Qagh (Real Warrior's Gagh), as submitted by
Mark A. Mandel of Dragon Systems Inc.:

Ingredients:

Fresh ginger root
Unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey's Cocoa)
Dihydrogen monoxide (tap water will do)

Cooking Instructions:

Mix equal volumes of cocoa and DHMO to make a thick sauce (ghevI'). Best way
to do this: Measure the powder into the container in which you intend to serve
the gagh. Measure the DHMO, but add it to the powder a few drops at a time,
stirring and mashing with a fork until each addition is absorbed.

Peel the ginger root and slice it thin (about 1/8 inch, 2-3 mm) and lengthwise
to get the longest slices possible. Cut each slice lengthwise into narrow
strips (about 1/4 inch, 5-6 mm) and immerse them in the sauce.

Serve immediately if possible; if not, keep cold till serving. Like revenge,
vajna' qagh is best served cold.

Read the full text here:
http://linguistlist.org/cookbook/recipe-display.cfm?ID=294

Please support the LINGUIST List Fund Drive 2015 with a contribution to our
ongoing Qapla':

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Thank you and enjoy!

Your LINGUIST List Team