26.1453, Fund Drive 2015: Who Will Take Top Spot from IU Bloomington in University Challenge?

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 17 00:22:45 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1453. Mon Mar 16 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1453, Fund Drive 2015: Who Will Take Top Spot from IU Bloomington in University Challenge?

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:17:28
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are less than $2,000 away from reaching the $10,000 mark! Will you help us reach that number today by donating? Remember, our goal is to collect $79,000.00 for our editors and the programming support. You are not donating for your own interest alone – LINGUIST List is read worldwide, by professionals but also students and language enthusiasts who otherwise would have much more limited access to linguistic contents, especially for financial reasons.

Indiana University Bloomington has ranked first throughout the Fund Drive, but will another university take over this week? Stanford University, you are not too far behind!

In our University Challenge, the fifteen rank as follows:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($1105)
2. Stanford University ($695)
3. University of California, Santa Barbara ($425)
4. City University of Hong Kong ($300) and University of South Carolina ($300)
6. University of Cambridge ($250)
7. Boston University ($240)
8. University of Surrey ($200)
9. University of Arizona ($150) and Ohio State University ($150)
11. University of Kansas ($130)
12. Vrije Universiteit Brussel ($125) and Afrikanska språk at Göteborg University ($125)
14. Ghent University ($120)
15. University of Texas at Austin ($115)

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

This morning, syntax had taken the lead from phonology in our Subfield Challenge, but thanks to the continued support from some very generous phonologists, phonology is back on top! Syntacticians, you are ONLY $4 behind! Make a donation and help your subfield keep that top spot. Semanticists, you aren’t far behind either!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list of subfields!

Currently, we don’t have any action in our Business Challenge, but be the first to get your company’s name on our leader-board!

To make a donation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

We thank everyone for their support ask all of our subscribers to show their support in any amount that they can!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team