26.1456, Calls: An Appeal from LINGUIST Editor Erin Arnold

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Mar 17 12:11:21 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1456. Tue Mar 17 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1456, Calls: An Appeal from LINGUIST Editor Erin Arnold

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 08:10:55
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers:

My name is Erin Arnold, and I am a second ­semester Masters student in Indiana
University's Linguistics Department. I have recently been given the
opportunity to work for LINGUIST List as an editor. Though I haven't been a
part of the team for very long, it's been exciting to get to see all of the
fascinating conferences that are being publicized through LINGUIST List, and I
am honored to be able to help get the news out about these wonderful
opportunities.

During my undergraduate years, I was not always sure what academic interests I
wanted to pursue. However, once I stumbled across the field of Linguistics,
LINGUIST List quickly became an invaluable resource for exploring the various
aspects of Linguistics, such as specific fields of study, possible
conferences, new findings and publishings, and job opportunities. LINGUIST
List provided me a way to connect with the field in a way that not many other
(if any) resources can. The depth and breadth of resources offered through
LINGUIST List greatly aided me in my decision to pursue further linguistic
study.

Given the scope of people reached through LINGUIST List, I know that I cannot
be the only one who owes a debt of gratitude for the work done, and resources
provided by, the LINGUIST List over the years. However, the LINGUIST List
cannot continue to exist without donations from people like you and me –
people who have benefited in some way from its services. Your support means
that the connections formed throughout the Linguistics community through the
various channels of LINGUIST List can continue on as strong as they are. If
you feel that you are able, please consider donating to LINGUIST List,
anything helps and all donations are greatly appreciated.

https://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate

Sincerely,

Erin Arnold
Calls & Conferences Team