26.1501, Fund Drive 2015: Syntax Holds Lead, but Sociolinguistics Works Way to the Top in Subfield Challenge

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 18 23:31:49 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1501. Wed Mar 18 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1501, Fund Drive 2015: Syntax Holds Lead, but Sociolinguistics Works Way to the Top in Subfield Challenge

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 19:28:55
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are so excited to announce that we have hit the $10,000 mark! However, we still have a long way to go. Our goal is to collect $79,000.00 for our editors and the programming support. You are not donating for your own interest alone – LINGUIST List is read worldwide, by professionals but also students and language enthusiasts who otherwise would have much more limited access to linguistic contents, especially for financial reasons.

In our Subfield Challenge, syntax is still on top for the second day in a row, with phonology close behind! However, have been seeing some incredible donations from sociolinguists this week though, so don’t surprised if they end up in first place soon! Make a donation under your subfield to help win!

The current top 10 subfields in our challenge rank as follows:
1. Syntax ($1301)
2. Phonology ($1165)
3. Sociolinguistics ($965)
4. Semantics ($950)
5. Pragmatics ($838)
6. Historical Linguistics ($745)
7. Computational Linguistics ($660)
8. Discourse Analysis ($650)
9. Phonetics ($601)
10. Typology ($418)

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list of subfields!

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington has ranked first throughout the Fund Drive, but Stanford University is in a very close second! Will IU or Stanford fight harder for first place, our will out third place University, University of California, Santa Barbara, come in and steal the lead?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Currently, we don’t have any action in our Business Challenge, but be the first to get your company’s name on our leader-board!

To make a donation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

We thank everyone for their support! We so very appreciative!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team