26.1525, Jobs: Text/Corpus Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Birmingham

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 20 16:00:34 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1525. Fri Mar 20 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1525, Jobs: Text/Corpus Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Birmingham

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 12:00:18
From: Jeannette Littlemore [j.m.littlemore at bham.ac.uk]
Subject: Text/Corpus Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, United Kingdom

University or Organization: University of Birmingham
Department: English Language and Applied Linguistics
Job Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/schools/edacs/departments/englishlanguage/index.aspx
Job Title: Professor of Corpus Linguistics
Job Rank: Full Professor

Specialty Areas: Text/Corpus Linguistics

We are hoping to expand our reputation still further by employing a leading
figure in Corpus Research who will enhance the research profile of the
department and make large funding bids in collaboration with others members of
the department who are working on Corpus Linguistics and related fields.

The Professor will be a key figure in the Centre for Corpus Research:
http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/research/activity/corpus/index.aspx

Membership of this research group comprises members of the department, and
other departments across the university. It also has a large number of
affiliated members from other UK universities and from overseas.

We would also expect the Professor to interact closely with our three other
research groups:

- Discourse analysis and stylistics
- English language teaching and applied linguistics
- Everyday creativity, new media and multimodality

Much of the work in these areas can be (and indeed has been) conducted through
corpus linguistic approaches.

The successful candidate will have an outstanding record of publication at an
international level and a record of successful applications for research
funding. He/she will also have a commitment to teaching, experience of
programme development, and a good track record of attracting and supervising
doctoral researchers. He/she will have research expertise in corpus
linguistics and wide-ranging research interests in English Language and
Applied Linguistics. He/she will have a vision for developing this area of
research, reinforcing the strong Birmingham ‘brand’, and will demonstrate the
ability to lead colleagues in this area.

To apply, visit the application website below (post reference: 51449).

Application Deadline: 14-Apr-2015

Web Address for Applications: https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTQ1MzQ2NCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT03Njcmb3duZXI9NTAzMjUyMSZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnZhY2Zpcm0udmFjdGl0bGU9NTE0NDkmcG9zdGluZ19jb2RlPTExNyZyZXFzaWc9MTQyNjc1OTQxOS1kMTRmZWFjNDEyMGNiMTVmMmY0MWE
Contact Information:
	Dr. Jeannette Littlemore
	Email: j.m.littlemore at bham.ac.uk