26.1530, Fund Drive 2015: Introducing the New and Improved Ask-a-Linguist (Ask-a-Ling)!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 20 18:20:40 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1530. Fri Mar 20 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1530, Fund Drive 2015: Introducing the New and Improved Ask-a-Linguist (Ask-a-Ling)!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:18:39
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

We are very excited to announce the new and improved Ask-a-Linguist (Ask-a-Ling), a service hosted by The LINGUIST List:

http://askaling.linguistlist.org

Ask-a-Ling provides an open platform for questions and answers related to any field of linguistics, be it, for example, theoretical, computational, corpus or quantitative linguistics. If you have a question related to any area of linguistics, as for example syntax, morphology, semantics, or phonetics, and also natural language processing (NLP) or NLP tools and technologies, annotation standards and transcription tools like ELAN or Praat, this is where you can ask these questions.

How does it work? Here on Ask-a-Ling, one can upload an image (e.g. a tree or a spectrogram), ask questions and earn Karma points, answer questions and earn Karma points, vote on the best answer, and more.

Ask-a-Ling is still in beta, however, we hope you find this LINGUIST List service useful and interesting.

To keep our services, such as the new and improved and FREE Ask-a-Ling, and all of our other features, up and running, we need your help. Please consider supporting The LINGUIST List in our 2015 Fund Drive by making a donation at

Support like yours is vital to our ongoing efforts to upgrade and develop services like Ask-a-Ling. We hope you will continue to support us so we can better support you!

Enjoy!
The LINGUIST List Team