26.1564, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Poland

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Mar 23 21:45:35 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1564. Mon Mar 23 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1564, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Poland

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:45:08
From: Elzbieta Zawadowska [elzbietazawadowska at gmail.com]
Subject: Dialogue of Languages and Cultures. Innovations, Accomplishments, Projects

Full Title: Dialogue of Languages and Cultures. Innovations, Accomplishments, Projects

Date: 16-Jun-2015 - 19-Jun-2015
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Contact Person: Elzbieta Zawadowska
Meeting Email: elzbietazawadowska at gmail.com
Web Site: http://konferencja.lingwistyka.edu.pl

Call Deadline: 15-May-2015

Meeting Description:

The goal of our conference is to arrange a meeting of all interested in applied linguistics, (namely in language teaching and translation). The conference is addressed to research workers, practising language teachers at all levels and translators. Attendants who will not be giving presentations are encouraged to exchange ideas and opinions in debates and discussions both during conference sessions and informal converstaions.

The conference will be held at Warsaw School of Applied Linguistics (Warsaw, Żelazna Street).

Invited speakers include: Professor Teresa Tomaszkiewicz (Poznan  Univeristy) and Professor Aniela Korzeniowska (Warsaw University)

2nd Call for Papers:

We welcome papers pertaining to the following areas:

1. Innovations and New Trends in Languages
2. Teaching Translation
3. Translation as a Form of Intercultural Communication
4. The Impact of the National Qualification Framework on the methodology of teaching (all faculties)

Call Deadline: 15 May 2015.