26.1628, Calls: English; Portuguese; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition/ BELT - Brazilian English Language Teaching Journal (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Mar 25 22:30:37 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1628. Wed Mar 25 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1628, Calls: English; Portuguese; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition/ BELT - Brazilian English Language Teaching Journal (Jrnl)

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 18:30:28
From: Karina Molsing [beltjournal at gmail.com]

Full Title: BELT - Brazilian English Language Teaching Journal

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)
                     Portuguese (por)

Call Deadline: 30-Mar-2015

BELT+ Call for Papers: Final Call

The Brazilian English Language Teaching Journal - BELT+ is pleased to announce
a call for papers for volume 6, number 1, to be published in July 2015, and
volume 6, number 2, to be published in December 2015.

The theme of volume 6(1) is English language teaching in the Brazilian
context. We accept original papers addressing any aspect of language teaching
within this scope, including, but not limited to the following topics:
-The Brazilian context: challenges and rewards
-Pedagogical innovations
-Linguistic approaches to ELT
-Translation and teaching in English and Portuguese
-English in specialized domains in ESL/EFL contexts
-EAP within academics, for academics, and by academics

Papers for volume 6(1) should be submitted by March 30, 2015.

The theme of volume 6(2) is Portuguese as an Additional Language. We accept
original papers addressing any aspect of language teaching within this scope,
including, but not limited to the following topics:
-The Brazilian context: challenges and rewards
-Pedagogical innovations
-Linguistic approaches to PAL
-Translation and teaching in English and Portuguese
-Comparisons of Brazilian and European contexts
-PAL within academics, for academics, and by academics

Papers for volume 6(2) should be submitted by July 19, 2015.

BELT+ is a peer-reviewed, freely distributed electronic publication with the
mission of showcasing the quality research being carried out around the world
on the teaching and learning processes involved in English and Portuguese as
additional languages, from a variety of theoretical and methodological
perspectives. To this end, we will be dedicating one issue per year to studies
aimed at English as an Additional Language and the second issue of the year to
studies aimed at Portuguese as an Additional Language. Our main goal is to
promote a broader debate on issues related to both themes, focusing on
different levels and contexts that touch upon the Brazilian reality. Published
every semester, the journal welcomes original articles, book reviews,
interviews and classroom activities.

BELT+ accepts papers in Portuguese and English.

Journal address: http://revistaseletronicas.pucrs.br/ojs/index.php/belt/index

New authors must register in order to submit a paper, at the following link:
http://revistaseletronicas.pucrs.br/ojs/index.php/belt/user/register

Guidelines and templates for authors are available on the journal's webpage,
in the link Author Guidelines.

For further information, please contact us at beltjournal at gmail.com

Cristina Becker Lopes Perna
Karina Veronica Molsing