26.1654, TOC: ELT Journal 69/2 (2015)

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Mar 27 20:50:41 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1654. Fri Mar 27 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1654, TOC: ELT Journal 69/2 (2015)

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:50:35
From: Carolyn Napolitano [Carolyn.Napolitano at oup.com]
Subject: ELT Journal Vol. 69, No. 2 (2015)

Publisher:	Oxford University Press
			http://www.oup.com/us

Journal Title:  ELT Journal
Volume Number:  69
Issue Number:  2
Issue Date:  2015

Main Text:

ELT Journal
Read Volume 69 Issue 2 (April 2015) online now at
http://www.oxfordjournals.org/page/6391/2

Articles:

Free Editor's Choice

‘Education is not just teaching’: learner thoughts on Exploratory Practice
by Judith Hanks

English-for-Teaching: rethinking teacher proficiency in the classroom
by Donald Freeman, Anne Katz, Pablo Garcia Gomez, and Anne Burns

Toward facilitative mentoring and catalytic interventions
by Melissa K. Smith and Marilyn Lewis

Syllable Circles for pronunciation learning and teaching
by John Whipple, Charlie Cullen, Keith Gardiner, and Tim Savage

Training L2 writers to reference corpora as a self-correction tool
by Cynthia Quinn

‘I read, I don’t understand’: refugees coping with academic reading
by Eliana Hirano

Difficulties with team teaching in Hong Kong kindergartens
by Mei Lee Ng

Readers respond:

Exposing learners to Global Englishes in ELT: some suggestions
by Chit Cheung Matthew Sung

Key concepts in ELT (freely available online):

Intelligibility
by Bedrettin Yazan

Reviews:

Teacher Research in Language Teaching: A Critical Analysis
Reviewed by Richard Smith

What English Language Teachers Need to Know Volume III: Designing Curriculum
Reviewed by Mary Spratt

English Grammar Pedagogy: A Global Perspective
Reviewed by Grzegorz Spiewak

Collaborative Writing in L2 Classrooms
Reviewed by Ana Fernández Dobao

Innovation and Change in English Language Education
Reviewed by Elizabeth J. Erling

Narrative Inquiry in Language Teaching and Learning Research
Reviewed by Adriana Patiño-Santos

Read now at http://www.oxfordjournals.org/page/6391/2

                     Phonology
                     Text/Corpus Linguistics