26.1663, Fund Drive 2015: Syntax and IU Bloomington Lead Challenges in Week 3!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Mar 28 22:04:16 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1663. Sat Mar 28 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1663, Fund Drive 2015: Syntax and IU Bloomington Lead Challenges in Week 3!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 18:02:14
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

Happy weekend to all! We are on our way to hitting the $20,000 mark soon! Will you help us reach that number today by donating? We are so grateful for all of the donations that have come in during the first three weeks on Fund Drive,
but are still a long way from our goal of $79,000.

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business and subfield in our challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, we are excited to announce that eight subfields have hit the $1,000 mark, and three of those have even hit the $2,000 mark!

1. Syntax ($2,556)
2. Phonology ($2,040)
3. Sociolinguistics ($2,026)
4. Computational Linguistics ($1,490)
5. Semantics ($1,160)
6. Historical Linguistics ($1,145)
7. Pragmatics ($1,064)
8. Discourse Analysis ($1,000)

Phonetics and language acquisition are both so close to hitting the $1,000 mark, too! A few more donations could bring them closer to the top of our list! Will syntax continue to hold the lead next into the week, or will another subfield step up and take the top spot? We can’t wait to see!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, we currently have representation from 131 universities from all over the world! So far, five universities have reached the $500 mark in donations, and two of them have donated over $1,000!

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($1,540)
2. Stanford University ($1,065)
3. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South Africa ($820)
4. University of California, Santa Barbara ($675)
5. University of South Carolina ($535)

Indiana University Bloomington has ranked first throughout the Fund Drive, but will another university take over this week?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Currently, we don’t have any action in our Business Challenge, but be the first to get your company’s name on our leader-board!

To make a donation, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

We thank everyone for their support during our first three weeks of Fund Drive and ask all of our subscribers to show their support in any amount that they can!

Gratefully yours,
The LINGUIST List Team