26.1677, Fund Drive 2015: A Call for Support from All Subfields

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun Mar 29 23:21:39 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-1677. Sun Mar 29 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.1677, Fund Drive 2015: A Call for Support from All Subfields

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:14:21
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers,

Thank you to all of you who have come out to support your subfield in the Subfield Challenge! Thus far in our competition, we've had great participation with 24 out of 27 disciplines represented! Lexicography, Writing System, and Linguistics and Literature are our most recent additions to the list! We are also blown away by the participation by the Syntacticians, Phonologists, and Sociolinguists who have topped the leader board nearly all of Fund Drive and have all hit the $2,000 mark! We are grateful for everyone’s support and can’t wait to more subfields hit these big donation milestones!

To see a full list of subfield rankings, please visit: http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/

Now it's time for those in the other three subfields (Forensic Linguistics, Genetic Classification, and Philosophy of Language) to come out and show some support! We challenge those in all 27 subfields to show their competitive side and compete for that top spot!

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington is still holding on to the top spot, with Stanford University in second place and the North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South Africa in third!

To see a full list of university rankings, please visit: http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/

Remember, as always, LINGUIST List is a free and openly available resource dedicated to providing the best service possible for all fields of linguistics.

Donate now to show your support: http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

We very much appreciate everyone's help!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team