26.2294, Fund Drive 2015: How Will the Challenges End?

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat May 2 18:25:46 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2294. Sat May 02 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2294, Fund Drive 2015: How Will the Challenges End?

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 14:23:16
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2015: How Will the Challenges End?

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers, Supporters, and Friends,

As of Friday evening at 4:15 pm (EST), Fund Drive has made $ 37,250.48. Please help us reach the $40,000 mark tonight. LINGUIST List needs to earn $79,000 this year from Fund Drive, and we can’t keep it going forever…

If you haven’t already heard, we now also have an option for you to become a recurring donor. Please visit http://linguistlist.org/issues/26/26-2068.html for more information!

Check out the top ten subfields in our challenge:
1. Computational Linguistics ($7,590)
2. Syntax ($4,671)
3. Sociolinguistics ($3,773)
4. Phonology ($3,053)
5. Semantics ($2,295)

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

Our University Challenge is on fire with stiff competition between Indiana University Bloomington and the University of Washington, but check out how the top five rank:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($2,730)
2. University of Washington ($2,450)
3. Stanford University ($1,365)
4. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South Africa ($820)
5. University of South Carolina ($740) and University of California, Santa Barbara ($740)

These past few day we have received donations from The American University of Beirut, University of Osnabrueck, University of Geneva, University of Oxford, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University, University of Southern Maine, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Universidad de Alcala, University of California, Berkeley, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Arizona State University, Michigan State University, University
of Sao Paulo, University of Hawaii, University of Cologne, the Center for Applied Linguistics, Universidade de Lisboa, University of Toronto, GESIS Institut, University of Warsaw, Universidade de São Paulo, University College London, and Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, University of Toronto, and Carleton University!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

In our Business Challenge, we have three generous donors:

1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($300)
3. IBM Watson ($150) and IBM Context Computing ($150)

In our Region Challenge, the top five rank as follows:

1. North America (300 donors)
2. Europe (142 donors)
3. Asia (22 donors)
4. Australia (8 donors) and Africa (8 donors)
6. Middle East (6 donors)
7. West Indies (1 donor)

In our Country Challenge, the top ten rank as follows:

1. United States of America (282 donors)
2. Germany (41 donors)
3. United Kingdom (34 donors)
4. Canada (16 donors)
5. Spain (13 donors)
6. France (10 donors)
7. Netherlands (9 donors)
8. Australia (8 donors) and Japan (8 donors),  Switzerland (8 donors)

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/region/ and http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/country/ for full lists!

To make a donation and help your subfield, university, business, region, or country win, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Thank you all for your support, and please help spread the word about Fund Drive 2015 by forwarding, liking, retweeting, sharing, and even just by word of mouth! We can use all the support we can get! It’s time to get serious—Fund Drive will have to end soon!

We wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team