26.2299, Fund Drive 2015: Show Your Support for The LINGUIST List and Your Subfield, University, or Business!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sun May 3 23:51:07 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2299. Sun May 03 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2299, Fund Drive 2015: Show Your Support for The LINGUIST List and Your Subfield, University, or Business!

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 19:45:17
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

 Dear LINGUIST List Subscribers, Supporters, and Friends,

As of Friday evening at 7:45 pm (EST), Fund Drive has made $ 36,970.63. Please help us reach the $40,000 mark tonight. LINGUIST List needs to earn $79,000 this year from Fund Drive, and it's almost over...

If you haven’t already heard, we now also have an option for you to become a recurring donor. Please visit http://linguistlist.org/issues/26/26-2068.html for more information!

Check out the top five subfields in our challenge:

1. Computational Linguistics ($7,590)
2. Syntax ($4,8111)
3. Sociolinguistics ($3,873)
4. Phonology ($3,054)
5. Semantics ($2,295)

Syntax and phonology were once the strong leaders! Will they allow computational linguistics to win with ease, or will they fight back?

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

Our University Challenge is on fire with stiff competition between Indiana University Bloomington and the University of Washington, both having donated over $2,000 each, but check out how the top five rank:

1. Indiana University Bloomington ($2,730)
2. University of Washington ($2,450)
3. Stanford University ($1,365)
4. North-West University, Potchefstroom and Vaal Triangle Campuses, South
Africa ($820)
5. University of South Carolina ($740) and University of California, Santa
Barbara ($740)

Today we received donations from Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg and Qatar University

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

In our Business Challenge, we have three generous donors:

1. Google, Inc ($4,000)
2. Microsoft Natural Language Group ($300)
3. IBM Watson ($150) and IBM Context Computing ($150)

Thank you all for your support, and please help spread the word about Fund Drive 2015 by forwarding, liking, retweeting, sharing, and even just by word of mouth! We can use all the support we can get! It’s time to get serious—Fund Drive will have to end soon!

We wish you all a wonderful week ahead!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team