26.2376, Calls: Cognitive Sci, Computational Ling, Lang Acquisition, Neuroling, Psycholing/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed May 6 19:35:23 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2376. Wed May 06 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2376, Calls: Cognitive Sci, Computational Ling, Lang Acquisition, Neuroling, Psycholing/UK

*************    LINGUIST List 2015 Fund Drive    *************

              http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 15:35:16
From: Carla Pastorino [cap72 at cam.ac.uk]
Subject: Cambridge Body in Mind Symposium

Full Title: Cambridge Body in Mind Symposium

Date: 27-Jun-2015 - 27-Jun-2015
Location: Cambridge, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Carla Pastorino
Meeting Email: cap72 at cam.ac.uk
Web Site: http://cambridgebodymind.com/

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics

Call Deadline: 11-May-2015

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the launch of the Body in Mind Symposium to be held at Cambridge University on the 27 of May, 2015 (www.cambridgebodymind.com). This symposium is aimed at students interested in interdisciplinary research related to the interaction of body and mind. This topic has become increasingly influential and important across many disciplines. As researchers in different fields start to ask the same questions about the link between body and mind, the need to bring these disciplines together in discussion increases. This symposium will be a space for researchers to discuss key issues in this area. The structure of the day will include workshop sessions focusing on major questions in the field. To end the day there will be a keynote presentation by Dr Louise Connell, co-founder of Lancaster University’s Embodied Cognition Lab.

Registration:

We are inviting registration for attendance at this symposium via our website (www.cambridgebodymind.com/register). Registration will close on 18 of May at noon. Places are limited to 70 attendees and places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Please register early to avoid disappointment. Please indicate if you would like to be considered for a bursary to cover transport costs.

Transport Bursary for Students:

We have a limited number of bursaries to cover transport costs for students traveling from outside Cambridge. Please indicate in your submission/registration if you would like to be considered for a bursary.

Call for Papers:

We are looking for 20-minute presentations from early career researchers that fit within one of the three topics of the workshops. Submissions will be 500-word abstracts and you will be asked to indicate which theme you believe your presentation suits best. The three topics are:

1) Language, body and mind
2) Illness, body and mind
3) Technology, body and mind

Apply online at: http://www.cambridgebodymind.com/call-for-papers

The deadline for submission is the 11 of May at noon. Confirmations of acceptance will be sent out on the 18 of May. Please indicate if you would like to be considered for a bursary to cover transport costs.