26.2604, Disc: Paninian Grammar

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon May 25 16:59:16 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2604. Mon May 25 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2604, Disc: Paninian Grammar

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 12:58:21
From: Ahdi Hassan [ahdihassan441 at gmail.com]
Subject: Paninian Grammar

Is Paninian grammar a Dependency grammar? Why or why not?

I understand the distinction between dependency and constituency well. If
Paninian grammar is a DG, then a paper that demonstrates why it is a DG would
be valuable to the DG community. In particular, Paninian grammar has been
argued to be a dependency grammar, as opposed to a constituency grammar. I am
therefore quite interested in Paninian grammar. Consider researching Paninian
grammar. To what extent is it indeed a dependency grammar? This question
overlaps with my research agenda and I am interested in this regard. Would you
like to share authentic material further more? I want to know about Panini
because I want to prove whether Paninian grammar is a DG. Why or why not? I
need some examples of Panini.

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology