26.2620, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/India

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue May 26 17:29:16 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2620. Tue May 26 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2620, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/India

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 13:29:07
From: Shakuntala Mahanta [shakunmahanta at gmail.com]
Subject: Workshop on Tone and Intonation 3

Full Title: Workshop on Tone and Intonation 3
Short Title: WTI-3

Date: 07-Jan-2016 - 08-Jan-2016
Location: Guwahati, Assam, India
Contact Person: Shakuntala Mahanta
Meeting Email: wti3 at iitg.ernet.in
Web Site: http://www.iitg.ernet.in/wti3

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Phonology

Call Deadline: 20-Aug-2015

Meeting Description:

After the two successful Workshops on Tone and Intonation (1 & 2) held at IIT
Guwahati and EFLU Hyderabad respectively, the third workshop on tone and
intonation will be held at IIT Guwahati from 7-8 January 2016. The focus of
this workshop is on tone and intonation, aspects of speech which are crucial
for language and communication.

Call for Papers:

In this workshop we aim to focus on the languages spoken in Northeast India (Tibeto-Burman, Indic and Munda languages) and we seek to give a platform to researchers working on tone and intonation of the languages of Northeast India from descriptive, theoretical or experimental perspectives. However, it is not intended to restrict the scope of the workshop to these languages only. Prosodic aspects of any language may be presented in the workshop.

Prospective authors are invited to contribute their research papers, which can be submitted electronically via easychair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wti3

Last date of submission of abstracts is 20 August, 2015.