26.2669, Calls: General Linguistics/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu May 28 17:39:27 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-2669. Thu May 28 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.2669, Calls: General Linguistics/UK

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 13:39:16
From: Zoe Belk [ucl.ling.gcf.15 at gmail.com]
Subject: 2nd UCL Graduate Conference in Linguistics

Full Title: 2nd UCL Graduate Conference in Linguistics

Date: 12-Nov-2015 - 13-Nov-2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Zoe Belk
Meeting Email: ucl.ling.gcf.15 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://linguistlist.org/confservices/customhome.cfm?Emeetingid=5902JA4458BE965840A050441

Call Deadline: 01-Jul-2015

Meeting Description:

The 2nd UCL Graduate Conference in Linguistics aims at bringing together doctoral students to present and discuss their research in an intellectually stimulating environment. Contributions from the following areas of linguistics will be considered: Syntax, Morphology, Semantics, Pragmatics, Phonetics, Phonology, Neurolinguistics, Psycholinguistics, Language Acquisition.

The format of the conference will include the presentation of papers and a poster session, as well as a themed session on Questions and a panel discussion on finding and applying for post-docs.

We are very pleased to announce our plenary speakers:

- Wing Yee Chow (UCL)
- Aditi Lahiri (Oxford)

2nd Call for Papers:

Themed Session: Questions

This year we are running a themed session on Questions. If your research, in any strand of linguistics, has particular bearing on questions, how they are formed, pronounced, used or understood, we invite you to submit your abstract for this themed session. Submissions are welcome from any strand of linguistics.

Panel Discussion: How to Catch a Postdoc

We are hosting a panel discussion on finding opportunities for post-doctoral research. The panel will be led by current and former post-doc holders, as well as a researcher with experience in hiring post-docs.

Abstract Format and Submission

Abstracts should be no more than 1 page long (A4). This includes data (which can be interspersed throughout the text), but references can be attached on a second page. 12 pt. font, 1 inch (2.5 cm) margins and standard character spacing and line height (single spaced) should be used. References should adhere to the most recent APA guidelines. Abstracts should not contain the author’s name or any other information that may lead to the identification of the author.

All abstracts will be peer reviewed. The deadline for abstract submission is 1st July 2015. Please indicate whether your submission should be considered for oral or poster presentation or both. Please also indicate if you would like to be considered for the themed session on Questions. The author’s name, affiliation and area of linguistics that the submission falls in should be indicated on the EasyAbs submission form.

Please submit abstracts at:
http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/2ndUCLGradConf

Our conference information page is at:
http://linguistlist.org/confservices/customhome.cfm?Emeetingid=5902JA4458BE965840A050441