26.4850, Calls: Spanish, Applied Ling, General Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acq, Socioling/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 2 18:27:37 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4850. Mon Nov 02 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4850, Calls: Spanish,  Applied Ling, General Ling,  Historical Ling, Lang Acq, Socioling/USA

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2015 13:27:20
From: Ricard Vinas-de-Puig [vinasdepuigr at cofc.edu]
Subject: SLINKI 2016 - SLISE 2016

Full Title: SLINKI 2016 - SLISE 2016

Date: 06-Feb-2016 - 06-Feb-2016
Location: Charleston, SC, USA
Contact Person: Ricard Vinas-de-Puig
Meeting Email: slinki16cofc at gmail.com
Web Site: http://slinki16cofc.wix.com/home

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2015

Meeting Description:

SLINKI (Spanish Linguistics in North Carolina) / SLISE (Spanish Linguistics in the South East) is an annual one-day conference focusing on research in all areas of Linguistics related to the Spanish language, with a special focus on research conducted by researchers in North and South Carolina or related to Spanish in the South East. SLINKI 2016/SLISE 2016 will be held outside North Carolina and will be hosted by the College of Charleston, in Charleston, SC.

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for 20-minute presentations and for poster presentations, in any area related to Spanish Linguistics. While the focus of the conference is on work by researchers in the South East, we welcome all submissions. Sessions will be held throughout the day and will not be scheduled concurrently unless necessitated by the number of presenters. The poster session will be held during the lunch break.

Submission of abstracts will remain open until November 15, 2015.

Guidelines for Abstracts:

We welcome abstracts for 20-minute presentations or posters on any topic related to Spanish Linguistics. All abstracts, which may be submitted in either English or Spanish, should be in .pdf format and not exceed 500 words in length. Abstracts should be submitted via EasyAbs at http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/slinki16cofc.

          http://multitree.org/