26.4945, Calls: Psycholing, Socioling/Taiwan

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 5 21:09:43 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4945. Thu Nov 05 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4945, Calls: Psycholing, Socioling/Taiwan

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2015 16:09:34
From: James Stanford [James.N.Stanford at Dartmouth.edu]
Subject: NWAV AP4 2016

Full Title: NWAV AP4 2016

Date: 22-Apr-2016 - 24-Apr-2016
Location: Chiayi, Taiwan
Contact Person: Chenhsuan Huang
Meeting Email: chenhsuanfun at gmail.com
Web Site: http://cloud.ccu.edu.tw/Site/nwav-ap4

Linguistic Field(s): Psycholinguistics; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2015

Meeting Description:

We are pleased to announce the fourth meeting of the NWAV ASIA-PACIFIC conference
series (NWAV AP 4) will be held April 22-24 2016, in Chiayi, Taiwan. NWAV AP 4 will be
hosted by the Institute of Linguistics at National Chung Cheng University with the theme
“Interface between sociolinguistics and psycholinguistics.”

Plenary Speakers:

William Labov, University of Pennsylvania, USA
Gillian Sankoff, University of Pennsylvania, USA
James Myers, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan

Invited Workshop Presenters:

Dennis Preston, Oklahoma State University, USA
Miriam Meyerhoff, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Daming Xu, University of Macau, China, and Jingwei Zhang, Nanjing University, China
Victoria Rau, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan

Please visit http://cloud.ccu.edu.tw/Site/nwav-ap4 for more information.

Final Call for Papers:

We hope you can join us at NWAV-Asia/Pacific 4 in Taiwan! Abstracts are due November
15.

New Ways of Analyzing Variation Asia-Pacific 4 (NWAV AP4)
National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan, April 22-24, 2016
http://cloud.ccu.edu.tw/Site/nwav-ap4

Important dates:
Abstract submission deadline: 15 November 2015
Notice of Submission Acceptance: 15 December 2015
Early bird registration deadline: 31 January 2016
Registration deadline: 28 February 2016

About the Conference Series
NWAV ASIA-PACIFIC endeavors to bring together research that is firmly based on
empirical data with an emphasis on the quantitative analysis of variation and change. Its
priorities are to promote and showcase research on (1) the indigenous languages of the
Asia-Pacific region, and (2) restructured or contact varieties that have emerged in the Asia-
Pacific region.

NWAV AP 4 welcomes submissions for papers and posters on all scientific approaches to
analyzing and interpreting language variation and change across the Asia-Pacific region
including: real-time/apparent-time language change, dialect variation and change, speech
communities, multilingualism, urbanization and migration, sociophonetics, style-shifting,
language/dialect contact, variation in minority languages, variation in acquisition,
perceptual dialectology, and other topics that enrich our understandings of the region and
its indigenous languages.

At the first meeting of the conference, NWAV AP established a tradition of showcasing the
innovative descriptive, philological, historical and socially informed research being
conducted by emerging and established scholars in some of the world's most fertile arenas
of language and dialect contact.

We look forward to welcoming you to Chiayi, Taiwan in 2016!