26.4984, FYI: TheLinguist at NTNU: A New Online Magazine

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 9 17:00:33 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4984. Mon Nov 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4984, FYI: TheLinguist at NTNU: A New Online Magazine

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 12:00:12
From: Gerardo Fernández-Salgueiro [gfsayang at ntnu.edu.tw]
Subject: TheLinguist at NTNU: A New Online Magazine

 Dear all:

I'm pleased to introduce a new linguistics magazine. The first issue of TheLinguist at NTNU (November 2015) is now ready for everyone to view, read, comment on, and share. TheLinguist at NTNU aims at introducing the field of modern linguistics to a wider audience, including the general public.

As our first editorial says, ''[M]any of us feel that we haven’t been able to explain to the general public what we really study, why it’s relevant, and how society can benefit from it. I actually think this is OUR fault more than anyone else’s. And we can’t afford to go on this way.''

The magazine is available online at:

- Department of English at National Taiwan Normal University (PDF available for download):
http://www.eng.ntnu.edu.tw/files/archive/1915_dc15e394.pdf
- TheLinguist at NTNU Facebook page. Content available as a photo album (please click ''like'' and feel free to comment on the different articles and sections): https://www.facebook.com/The-Linguist-at-NTNU-963351880353088/

For more information about the magazine or to submit your work for future issues, please contact Gerardo Fernández-Salgueiro (gfsayang at ntnu.edu.tw).

                     Cognitive Science
                     General Linguistics
                     Linguistic Theories