26.5088, Support: General Linguistics / United Kingdom

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 13 16:41:10 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-5088. Fri Nov 13 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.5088, Support: General Linguistics / United Kingdom

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2015 11:41:01
From: Annabelle Mooney [a.mooney at roehampton.ac.uk]
Subject: General Linguistics, PhD, University of Roehampton, United Kingdom

 Institution/Organization: University of Roehampton
Department: Department of Media, Culture and Language
Web Address: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/media-culture-and-language/research/.

Level: PhD

Duties: Research

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Media Culture and Language at the University of Roehampton is pleased is invite applications to its PhD programme in Languages and Linguistics. Our vibrant and active research culture provides an excellent context in which to pursue both practice-based research projects and those that focus on traditional scholarship. Details about our research are available at: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/media-culture-and-language/research/.

There is an exciting opportunity for the strongest doctoral students to apply for funding through our membership of the AHRC TECHNE Doctoral Training Partnership. Successful applicants will be awarded a stipend and fee waiver to commence on 1st October 2016.

TECHNE PhD students will benefit from a rich and diverse development programme, with a focus on interdisciplinarity and developing career potential both within and beyond academia. The programme includes input and placement opportunities provided by TECHNE’s many partner organisations in the cultural sector (e.g. the Barbican, Natural History Museum, Museum of London, British Film Institute and the Science Museum). Further information is available at http://www.techne.ac.uk.

At Roehampton, the deadline for expressions of interest is 1st December 2015. Please send a short summary document including your proposed project (500 words), details of any informal discussions you may have had with staff at Roehampton and details of your qualifications to s.abbott at roehampton.ac.uk.

Our internal deadline for draft applications is 8th January 2016. And Final Applications are due for submission to TECHNE by midnight, 7th February 2016.

For details on how to apply for TECHNE at Roehampton, see: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/Courses/Graduate-School/TECHNE-AHRC-Studentships/

For details of potential supervisors in the Department of Media Culture and Language, see: http://www.roehampton.ac.uk/media-culture-and-language/research/

For general enquiries about TECHNE at Roehampton, potential applicants can contact Amy Waite in the Graduate School at TECHNE at roehampton.ac.uk.

Application Deadline: 08-Jan-2016