26.5106, Jobs: English; Phonetics: Part-time US English Linguists, DefinedCrowd Corporation

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 16 16:07:42 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-5106. Mon Nov 16 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.5106, Jobs: English; Phonetics: Part-time US English Linguists, DefinedCrowd Corporation

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 11:07:27
From: Amy Du [mail at definedcrowd.com]

 University or Organization: DefinedCrowd Corporation
Job Location: USA (Telecommute)
Web Address: http://www.definedcrowd.com
Job Title: Part-time US English Linguists
Job Rank: Consultant; Part-time US English Linguists

Specialty Areas: Phonetics

Required Language(s): English (eng)

We’re DefinedCrowd Corporation (http://www.definedcrowd.com), headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with a R&D center in Lisbon, Portugal. Our mission is to connect university students with enterprise customers globally. We provide students opportunities to work with Fortune 500 companies through online jobs with flexible working hours, helping them transition to the professional world. Your career starts here and we promise it will be exciting!

Current job offers:

American English Phonetician

We are looking for a Phonetician with strong linguistic background academically and hands-on experiences working on phonetic transcription or related projects. The candidate will have an opportunity of leading a team of multiple linguist if proven to be an accountable and reliable resource.

The position starts now and is an ongoing engagement. The estimated workload is about 5 – 15 hours per week depending upon each project requirement. You can work from home or from school. Occasional meetings maybe held online or in-person in Seattle or Eastside.

The job responsibilities include:

- Provide phonetic transcription according to project guidelines
- Provide feedback and improvement suggestions of phonetic transcription process
- Provide inputs on system workflow design
- Work closely with the Project Manager to manage project execution
- Potentially manage a team of linguists to perform other linguistics related tasks

The required qualifications are:

- Native speaker American English
- BA in Linguistics is required
- Experiences with Phonetic Transpiration is required
- Strong communication skills along with ability to meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work as a team player and independently

Compensation will be a combination of a base hourly rate and bonus depending on the performance.

Please submit your resume to the application email below. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Positions opened until filled.

Email Address for Applications: mail at definedcrowd.com
Contact Information:
	Ms. Amy Du