26.5185, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Arizona

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 19 16:43:35 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-5185. Thu Nov 19 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.5185, Jobs: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 11:43:24
From: Heidi Harley [hharley at email.arizona.edu]
Subject: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics: Assistant Professor, University of Arizona, Arizona, USA

University or Organization: University of Arizona
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.arizona.edu/
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Computational Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Arizona invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in psycholinguistics, to start in Fall 2015.

The successful applicant will have a Ph.D. in Linguistics or a related field and a research emphasis in the psychology of language. We encourage applications from candidates with subspecialties in language development, computational modeling, neurology of language, bilingualism, SLHS, or community-based/clinical work, though we are eager to see applications from outstanding candidates working in any subfield of psycholinguistics. Evidence of a strong research program and a record of teaching excellence in the target area are expected, as is the ability to enthusiastically conduct student supervision in a highly interdisciplinary environment. Candidates with a record of, or potential for, obtaining external research funding are preferred.

As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, the University of Arizona recognizes the power of a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.

Review of applications will begin on Dec. 10, 2015

Visit the application website below to apply.

Application Deadline: 10-Dec-2015 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://uacareers.com/postings/7070
Contact Information:
	Professor Heidi Harley
	Email: hharley at email.arizona.edu