26.5287, Calls: General Ling, Morphology, Psycholing, Semantics, Syntax/France

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 26 15:13:44 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-5287. Thu Nov 26 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.5287, Calls: General Ling, Morphology, Psycholing, Semantics, Syntax/France

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 10:13:34
From: Patricia Cabredo Hofherr [pcabredo at univ-paris8.fr]
Subject: Co-Distributivity 2016

Full Title: Co-Distributivity 2016
Short Title: CoDistr 2016

Date: 11-Feb-2016 - 12-Feb-2016
Location: Paris, France
Contact Person: Patricia Cabredo Hofherr
Meeting Email: pcabredo at univ-paris8.fr
Web Site: http://www.umr7023.cnrs.fr/Journees-Co-Distributivite-2016.html

Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Morphology; Psycholinguistics; Semantics; Syntax

Call Deadline: 05-Dec-2015

Meeting Description:

Invited speakers :

Robert Henderson (University of Arizona)
Kristen Syrett (Rutgers)

We welcome work on formal syntax and semantics of distributive dependencies (distributivity and co-distributivity) in spoken and sign languages, as well as psycholinguistic studies on processing and acquisition of (co-)distribution.

Final Call for Papers:

(Co-)Distributivity 2016

Abstract Submission Deadline: 5 December 2015

We welcome work on formal syntax and semantics of distributive dependencies (distributivity and co-distributivity) in spoken and sign languages, as well as psycholinguistic studies on processing and acquisition of distribution.

We encourage submissions exploring the linguistic means used to establish distributive dependencies, including, but not limited to, questions like the following :

- The syntax and semantics of markers of distributive quantifiers and other markers of distributive keys
- The syntax and semantics of markers of distributive shares (e.g. reduplicated numerals in Hungarian, Georgian, Tlingit, cîte indefinites in Romanian), in particular possible licensors for dependent indefinites
- Distributive vs. collective predication (The boxes are heavy. (i) individually heavy (ii) collectively heavy.
- (Lack of) multiplication effects for indefinite singulars across multiple events (e.g. He eats a sandwich for breakfast.)
- Distribution effects for plurals (e.g. dependent plurals : Here professors wear ties.)
- Distribution effects over times (e.g. A lot of people have been dying of this disease lately)
- Distribution properties of verbal plural markers (time, space, participants)
- Distribution properties of group nouns and collective nouns (family, team, herd, army)

We invite submissions for 25-minute presentations (plus ten-minute discussions).

Abstracts should be at most 2 pages in length (including examples and references) written in French or English.

Abstracts must be anonymous and should be sent by email (plain ASCII, rtf, ps or pdf) to :
codistr at pouchet.cnrs.fr
Abstract Submission Deadline: 5 December 2015

Please write the (first) author’s name plus the word ’abstract’ in the subject line of your message (e.g., ’Dupont abstract’), and include author name(s), affiliation, contact information and the title of the abstract in the body of the email. For co-authored papers indicate the email address that we should use for correspondence.

For more information:
Email: codistr at pouchet.cnrs.fr

Abstract submission deadline: 5 December 2015
Notification of acceptance: 20 December 2015
Workshop: Thursday 11 - Friday 12 February 2016

          http://multitree.org/