26.5328, Confs: Text/Corpus Ling/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 30 18:08:11 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-5328. Mon Nov 30 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.5328, Confs: Text/Corpus Ling/UK

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:08:04
From: Sarah Grieves [sgrieves at cambridge.org]
Subject: English Profile Seminar

English Profile Seminar

Date: 05-Feb-2016 - 05-Feb-2016
Location: Cambridge, UK, United Kingdom
Contact: Sarah Grieves
Contact Email: sgrieves at cambridge.org

Linguistic Field(s): Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Meeting Description:

English Profile Seminar
Friday 5 February 2016
Cass Centre, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge

The tenth English Profile Seminar will take place on Friday 5 February 2016. We'll be exploring how learner corpora can be used to understand level and progression.

We are delighted to announce a range of talks from academics based at Cambridge and beyond, including Sylviane Granger, Philip Durrant, Susan Hunston, Vaclav Brezina and others.

To register for the seminar, please follow this link:
http://englishprofile.org/english-profile-seminar-2016/sign-up

We will post more information on the English Profile web site in due course:
http://englishprofile.org/english-profile-seminar-2016

We are also pleased to announce the release of a subset of the Cambridge Learner Corpus, which will provide a rich resource for academics interested in learner exam writing across a range different levels and language backgrounds. More information about this exciting development will be presented at the seminar.

We look forward to seeing you in February.

All best wishes

The English Profile Team