26.5335, Summer Schools: MultiLing Winter School 2016 / Language in the ''Lab'': Experimental Methods/Norway

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Nov 30 18:20:45 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-5335. Mon Nov 30 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.5335, Summer Schools: MultiLing Winter School 2016 / Language in the ''Lab'': Experimental Methods/Norway

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 13:20:35
From: Valantis Fyndanis [valantis.fyndanis at iln.uio.no]

MultiLing Winter School 2016 / Language in the "Lab": Experimental Methods/Norway

Host Institution: University of Oslo
Coordinating Institution:
Website: http://www.hf.uio.no/multiling/english/news-and-events/events/phd-seminars/2016/winter-school-2016.html

Dates: 01-Feb-2016 - 05-Feb-2016
Location: Oslo, Norway

Focus: We are proud to present our third annual Winter School! This year it will be all about experimental methods. A wide range of fields, from psycholinguistics and cognitive psychology to sociolinguistics, will be represented and discussed by six different lecturers. The Winter School is open for fellows who are pursuing a PhD in linguistics. There is no course fee, but participants will have to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
Minimum Education Level: MA

Lectures/speakers

1. Methodological reflections on concepts used in Psycholinguistics and Sociolinguistics.
Elizabeth Lanza, MultiLing.
2 hours

2. Research Methods in Psycholinguistics.
Off-line and on-line methods/Software and resources for psycholinguistic experiments/ Experimental Psycholinguistics of special populations (bilinguals/L2 learners, heritage speakers, children, aphasic and healthy older individuals).
Irina Sekerina, CUNY, USA.
10 hours

3. Research Methods in Cognitive Psychology.
Presentation of methods/experiments used to tap into cognitive abilities such as short-term memory, working memory, speed of processing, attention, and executive functions.
Tim Brennen, Department of Psychology, UiO.
2 hours

4. Research Methods in the Development of Cognition, Emotion and Language.
>From the Piagetian clinical-critical method to the test of emotion comprehension: Presentation of methods/experiments used to tap into aspects of cognition, emotion and language.
Francisco Pons, Department of Psychology, UiO.
2 hours

5. Research Methods in Sociolinguistics I: Language portraits.
Judith Purkarthofer, MultiLing.
2 hours

6. Research Methods in Sociolinguistics II: Visual-verbal guise and implicit association tests.
Unn Røyneland, MultiLing.
2 hours

Organizers:
Elizabeth Lanza, Unn Røyneland, Valantis Fyndanis

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science

Tuition: 0 Other

Tuition Explanation: No course fee

Registration: 20-Nov-2015 to 14-Dec-2015

Contact Person: Valantis Fyndanis
                Email: valantis.fyndanis at iln.uio.no

Apply on the web: https://nettskjema.uio.no/answer/69130.html

Registration Instructions: