26.4345, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acq/Japan

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 5 14:26:13 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4345. Mon Oct 05 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4345, Calls: Applied Ling, Lang Acq/Japan

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 10:25:52
From: Justin Harris [tbltinasia at gmail.com]
Subject: TBLT in Asia

Full Title: TBLT in Asia

Date: 25-Jun-2016 - 26-Jun-2016
Location: Kyoto, Japan
Contact Person: Justin Harris
Meeting Email: tbltinasia at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.tblsig.org/conference/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition

Call Deadline: 15-Mar-2016

Meeting Description:

The JALT Task-Based Learning SIG are proud to sponsor the “3rd Task-Based Language Teaching in Asia” conference, to be held June 25 and 26 2016, at Ryukoku University in Kyoto, Japan. The aim of this international event is to enable language educators and researchers from across Asia to share ideas and discuss various aspects relating to the theory and/or practice of Task-Based Learning and Teaching in Asia. We also welcome those from further afield with an interest in TBLT.

Call for Papers:

We would like to invite those with an interest in this field to submit an abstract for a paper (25 minutes), workshop (40 minutes), or poster session.

Abstracts should:

- not exceed 300 words
- be formatted using Microsoft Word
- be emailed as an attachment to tbltinasia at gmail.com

Date of acceptance notification: March 31

Areas of interest include but are not limited to:

- the compatibility of TBLT in Asia
- language teacher professional development and TBLT
- the evaluation of TBLT in classroom contexts
- TBLT and technology
- the reliance on learners’ L1 in TBLT contexts
- learners’ L2 development and TBLT
- learner identity and TBLT
- teacher perspectives on challenges and opportunities
- institutional and classroom challenges
- future directions for TBLT in Asia