26.4452, Calls: Applied Ling/Hong Kong

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 9 15:49:43 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4452. Fri Oct 09 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4452, Calls: Applied Ling/Hong Kong

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 11:49:26
From: Carmen Lee [haal2016hk at gmail.com]
Subject: The 6th Hong Kong Association for Applied Linguistics Conference

Full Title: The 6th Hong Kong Association for Applied Linguistics Conference
Short Title: HAAL-2016

Date: 11-Jun-2016 - 11-Jun-2016
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Contact Person: Carmen Lee
Meeting Email: haal2016hk at gmail.com
Web Site: http://www.haal2016.org

Call Deadline: 29-Feb-2016

Meeting Description:

The 6th Conference of the Hong Kong Association for Applied Linguistics (HAAL-2016) will be held on 11 June, 2016 at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. We are honoured to have Prof. John Flowerdew (City University of Hong Kong) and Prof. Jane Jackson (Chinese University of Hong Kong) to be our keynote speakers.

Call for Papers:

The HAAL 2016 conference invites proposals in all areas of applied linguistics. While there is no specific theme for this conference, we especially welcome topics that are innovative and rigorous methodologically and/or theoretically. Postgraduate students who are nearing the completion of their theses are welcome to submit proposals.

Format and Submission of Proposals:

Abstracts of a maximum of 300 words should be submitted on easychair.org (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=haal2016).

Each proposal should clearly indicate the objectives, methods, and (preliminary) results where appropriate.

All accepted proposals will be presented in the form of ‘individual papers.' For each paper, the presenter(s) should speak for no more than 20 minutes, followed by a 5 minute Q & A session.

Please note that each presenter is limited to one individual presentation OR one joint presentation.

Important Dates:

- Deadline of abstract submission: 29 February, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: Early April 2016
- Conference: 11 June, 2016

For any questions, please contact us via the online form on the website (www.haal2016.org) or email us at haal2016hk at gmail.com.