26.4601, Qs: Comparing language documentation projects

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Oct 16 19:19:39 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4601. Fri Oct 16 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4601, Qs: Comparing language documentation projects

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 15:19:12
From: Chris Rogers [chris.linguist at gmail.com]
Subject: Comparing language documentation projects

Hello everyone,

I want to compile a list of features that can be used to compare language documentation projects with each other (including revitalization projects). In order to do this I am hoping to gain access to language documentation grant proposals (awarded and not awarded). So two questions:

1. Does anyone know of a place which might keep these?
2. If you have submitted a language documentation proposal (to any granting organization in the world) would you be willing to share it with me (as a pdf)?

If you would rather give a one page summary of the project that would also be very helpful. I plan on making my conclusions and findings available to anyone who is interested, and will be keeping all individuals anonymous.

Thanks,
Chris Rogers

Linguistic Field(s): Anthropological Linguistics
                     Language Documentation
                     Sociolinguistics
                     Typology
                     Writing Systems