26.4607, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Warwick

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 19 14:02:04 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4607. Mon Oct 19 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4607, Jobs: Applied Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Warwick

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:01:54
From: Helen Spencer-Oatey [helen.spencer-oatey at warwick.ac.uk]
Subject: Applied Linguistics: Full Professor, University of Warwick, Coventry, United Kingdom

University or Organization: University of Warwick
Department: Centre for Applied Linguistics
Job Location: Coventry, United Kingdom
Web Address: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/al
Job Title: Professor – Applied Linguistics/English Language & Linguistics
Job Rank: Full Professor

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics

You will be an outstanding academic with significant international experience working in the broad field of applied linguistics, including (but not limited to) areas such as TESOL, English Language & Linguistics, Intercultural Communication, Pragmatics, Discourse Analysis, Language Learning and Assessment. You will have an excellent record of recent, high quality publications in top-rated journals and successful experience of applying for research funding. You will be committed to the applied relevance of your research. You will lead the development and implementation of our research strategy, including REF planning, and undertake significant senior management responsibilities as well as some teaching and research supervision.

Job Purpose:

- To provide strategic academic leadership in the broad field of applied linguistics.
- To take responsibility for developing an ambitious research strategy
- To strengthen and enhance our research environment and achievements, contributing significantly to its international reputation for excellence, including in the impact of our research
- To undertake significant senior management responsibilities, including those of Deputy Director
- To carry out teaching and supervision at undergraduate and postgraduate levels

Duties and Responsibilities:

- Research
- Teaching and Learning
- Management
- External Engagement and Enterprise

To find out more and see the full person specification, please visit the application website below.

The post title and number are: The Professor of Applied Linguistics/English Language & Linguistics (76830-105)

Applicants should apply via the University of Warwick's jobs portal, available via the relevant page for this post (below).

Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2015

Web Address for Applications: http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/services/humanresources/jobsintro
Contact Information:
	Professor Helen Spencer-Oatey