26.4625, Support: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics, PhD / USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Oct 19 16:05:41 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4625. Mon Oct 19 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4625, Support: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics, PhD / USA

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:05:32
From: Iris Berent [i.berent at neu.edu]
Subject: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics, PhD, Northeastern University, USA

 Institution/Organization: Northeastern University
Department: Psychology
Web Address: http://www.northeastern.edu/berentlab/

Level: PhD

Duties: Research,Teaching,Project Work

Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science; Neurolinguistics; Phonology; Psycholinguistics

The Phonology and Reading lab at Northeastern University is now seeking applicants for graduate training in the lab, for an immediate start date, beginning in the Fall of 2016. Our research examines the representation of phonological universals in the human brain and their interaction with reading ability. Research in the lab is strongly interdisciplinary and multifaceted—we use the tools of experimental psychology to test formal linguistic models of phonology, and we employ a variety of experimental methods, including both behavioral and neuroimaging techniques applied to a variety of populations, ranging from adults to infants. For further information about current research projects and recent publications, please visit http://www.psych.neu.edu/people/faculty/berent.html. Candidates should present a statement of research interest, informed by the current studies conducted in the lab, strong GRE scores, and good command of English. Successful applicants will be enrolled in the PhD
  program of the Department of Psychology, Northeastern University. All graduate students in the program are fully supported for a period of five years. We encourage applications from students in a variety of disciplines, including psychology, linguistics, computer science and biology. For inquiries, please contact the PI, Dr. Iris Berent, i.berent at neu.edu.

Application Deadline: 01-Jan-2016

Web Address for Applications: http://www.northeastern.edu/cos/psychology/graduate/

Contact Information:
	Dr. Iris Berent