26.4706, Summer Schools: Multilingualism and Diversity Education - Summer School Multilingualism/Germany

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Oct 22 20:10:15 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4706. Thu Oct 22 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4706, Summer Schools: Multilingualism and Diversity Education - Summer School Multilingualism/Germany

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:09:49
From: Elke Montanari [elke.montanari at uni-hildesheim.de]

Multilingualism and Diversity Education - Summer School Multilingualism/Germany

Host Institution:
Coordinating Institution:
Website: https://www.uni-hildesheim.de/fb3/institute/idsl/daz-daf-mehrsprachigkeit/summer-school-multilingualism/

Dates: 26-Sep-2016 - 30-Sep-2016
Location: Hildesheim, Low Saxony, Germany

Focus: Due to their relevance for contemporary developments in our society, the topics multilingualism and diversity are of great research importance in both higher education and daily interaction. This conference workshop aims to present, discuss, and look further into the latest international research about these topics. The Summer School: Multilingualism and Diversity Education invites international speakers to enter into a dialogue with students, graduate students, and researchers.

Keynote speakers:

- Prof. Dr. Aneta Pavlenko, Temple University Philadelphia, USA
- Prof. Dr. Rita Franceschini, Free University Bozen/Bolzano, Italy
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Konrad Ehlich, Free University Berlin, Germany
Minimum Education Level: MA

Special Qualifications:
PhD student

The conference workshop Multilingualism and Diversity Education is a great opportunity for graduate linguists and PhD students to meet their peers, share their work, and further their appreciation for linguistics and language-related studies.

We invite research, complete or in progress, from any area of multilingualism; theoretical, applied, cognitive, and neurolinguistic.