26.3902, Calls: Cognitive Science; Pragmatics; Semantics/ Investigações (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Sep 3 13:57:17 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-3902. Thu Sep 03 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.3902, Calls: Cognitive Science; Pragmatics; Semantics/ Investigações (Jrnl)

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2015 09:57:11
From: Laura Cavalcanti [laura.jnc at gmail.com]

Full Title: Investigações

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science; Pragmatics; Semantics

Call Deadline: 15-Sep-2015

Revista Investigações - Journal Investigações
Special Issue: 35 years of ''Metaphors We Live By'' (1980)
Submission deadline: September 15, 2015

Summary

Considering that Lakoff & Johnson's ''Metaphors We Live By'' (1980) brought new impetus not only to semantic studies, but also to the general understanding of how language and thought relate to other functions of cognitive systems, we propose to discuss in this Issue the virtues and vicissitudes of metaphor as a central theme in contemporary cognitive semantics studies.

We are interested in presenting discussions about the unfolding of Cognitive Linguistics researches in general, after the publication of the Conceptual Metaphor Theory, as well as the correlations established between Conceptual Metaphor and other cognitive processes widely discussed in the realms of Cognitive Linguistics, such as conceptual integration, mental spaces, idealized cognitive models, image schemas, conceptual metonymy, prototypical categorization (Fauconnier & Turner, Talmy, Langacker, Gibbs, Steen, etc.).

Similarly, we encourage articles that reflect on the gaps and recent developments of discursive, cultural, ideological and psycholinguistic issues as well as on empirical methods (corpus analysis, experimental techniques) in the context of the general Theory of Conceptual Metaphor. Under the recent discursive approaches to metaphor, special importance goes to the question of metaphor identification in texts and its functions in discourse.

Finally, we propose that the connections among different metaphor theories be addressed, within the specific framework of Cognitive Linguistics, such as conceptual integration, primary metaphor and neural metaphor theories.

Contributions must be submitted through the journal's website: http://www.repositorios.ufpe.br/revistas/index.php/INV , once authors have registered in the system.

The journal's format guideline for authors can be found in this link: http://www.repositorios.ufpe.br/revistas/index.php/INV/about/submissions#onlineSubmissions