26.4119, Calls: Applied Linguistics/UK

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 18 02:05:23 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4119. Thu Sep 17 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4119, Calls: Applied Linguistics/UK

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:03:22
From: Maria Fernandez Parra [m.a.fernandezparra at swansea.ac.uk]
Subject: Advances in Identifying Formulaic Sequences: a Methodological Workshop

Full Title: Advances in Identifying Formulaic Sequences: a Methodological Workshop
Short Title: FLaRN

Date: 22-Jan-2016 - 22-Jan-2016
Location: Swansea, United Kingdom
Contact Person: Maria Fernandez Parra
Meeting Email: m.a.fernandezparra at swansea.ac.uk
Web Site: http://flarn.org.uk/?page_id=53

Call Deadline: 12-Nov-2015

Meeting Description:

Advances in identifying formulaic sequences: a methodological workshop

We are pleased to announce that our confirmed plenary speaker is Prof Florence Myles, University of Essex. Her talk will focus on the identification of formulaic sequences in advanced L2 French. A full abstract will be available on the website.

When: Friday 22 January 2016
Where: Swansea University, UK
Cost: FREE

Call for Papers:

Abstract submissions for a 30 minute paper (+10 mins questions) or 60 minute interactive practical workshop are currently invited on any methodological aspect relating to the identification of formulaic sequences. Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words in PDF format. Two versions of the abstract should be sent – one anonymous and one named - to Maria Fernandez Parra m.a.fernandezparra at swansea.ac.uk by Thursday 12 November 2015 @ 5pm (UK time).

We welcome abstracts from both established researchers and PhD students.

Abstract submission deadline: Thursday 12 November at 5pm (UK time)
Notification of outcome: Friday 20 November