26.4123, Calls: English, Spanish, Language Acquisition, Sociolinguistics/Puerto Rico

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 18 02:41:55 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4123. Thu Sep 17 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4123, Calls: English, Spanish, Language Acquisition, Sociolinguistics/Puerto Rico

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:41:09
From: Hernan Rosario [wss8upr at gmail.com]
Subject: 8th International Workshop on Spanish Sociolinguistics

Full Title: 8th International Workshop on Spanish Sociolinguistics
Short Title: WSS8

Date: 13-Apr-2016 - 16-Apr-2016
Location: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Contact Person: Luis Ortiz
Meeting Email: wss8upr at gmail.com
Web Site: http://wss8upr2016.com

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics

Subject Language(s): English (eng)
                     Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 15-Nov-2015

Meeting Description:

The purpose of this conference is to bring together scholars to share original sociolinguistic research that analyzes Spanish data or data from contact situations between Spanish and other languages.

2nd Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts for 20- minute talks (plus 10 minutes for discussion) on any aspect of sociolinguistic research. In particular, we look forward to receiving studies dealing with synchronic and diachronic approaches to language variation and change, contact linguistics, bilingualism/multilingualism, Spanish in the US, pidgin and creole languages, language policy and planning and language ideologies. Both quantitative and qualitative research is welcomed. Papers and presentations can be delivered in Spanish or English.

On this website you will find the platform to submit your abstracts for evaluation: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/wss82016