26.4125, Qs: Manner of Speaking Verb Survey Links

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 18 02:53:28 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4125. Thu Sep 17 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4125, Qs: Manner of Speaking Verb Survey Links

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:53:03
From: Jodi Sandford [jodi.sandford at unipg.it]
Subject: Manner of Speaking Verb Survey Links

Dear colleagues,

I would like to ask you if you could help me get respondents for these Manner of Speaking surveys. A manner of speaking verb for example is “whisper”, “chat”, or “scream”.
Some of you may already be aware of these surveys that I presented in Newcastle at The 13th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference (ICLC-13).
Could you send out the links to any native English speakers you think would be interested in participating? Would you like to take part in them yourself?
I would like to know how native speakers make sense of the meaning of these words. Are the different components of manner pertinent to you? Your answers as native speakers are correct. At the end of the survey you are asked if you actually use these verbs or not.
Each survey takes around 10 minutes to complete. If one link is inactive because complete, please go to the next.
Thank you for any assistance in getting the surveys spread via email and social media. And THANK YOU for taking the surveys. Some of you have already had the pleasure, I hope you will have fun doing some others.
Be sure and click on the DONE button when you have finished!

All my best wishes and gratitude,
Jodi

PS. If you want to do the other links just change the number after the r/. There are 19 total links. I am looking for a max. of 20 respondents to each survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/1_MannerOfSpeaking only need 2 more respondents.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2_MannerOfSpeaking finished!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3_MannerOfSpeaking finished!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/4_MannerOfSpeaking need 13