26.4147, Confs: Morphology, Semantics, Syntax/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Sat Sep 19 23:53:42 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4147. Sat Sep 19 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4147, Confs: Morphology, Semantics, Syntax/USA

Editor for this issue: Erin Arnold <earnold at linguistlist.org>

Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:53:06
From: Mia Wiegand [jrw369 at cornell.edu]
Subject: Cornell Workshop on Aspect

Cornell Workshop on Aspect

Date: 03-Oct-2015 - 04-Oct-2015
Location: Ithaca, NY, USA
Contact: Mia Wiegand
Contact Email: jrw369 at cornell.edu
Meeting URL: https://sites.google.com/a/cornell.edu/workshop_on_aspect/

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology; Semantics; Syntax

Meeting Description:

The goal of this workshop is to address the latest findings in the study of aspect and its place in the grammar. The workshop seeks to probe several topics that have been investigated over the last few years in which aspect plays a central role and to integrate different perspectives on aspect. We will bring together researchers who are concerned with the syntactic, morphological and semantic properties of aspect. We are particularly interested in the relationship between aspect and other linguistic phenomena which include (but are not limited to) the following:

Case/agreement; Locality/cyclic domains (e.g., phases); Tense; Counterfactuals; Argument structure

Organized by: Miloje Despic, md682 at cornell.edu

Direct all inquiries to: Mia Wiegand, jrw369 at cornell.edu