26.4177, Calls: Applied Linguistics/ ALSIC - Apprentissage des Langues et Systemes d'Information et de Communication (Jrnl)

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Sep 22 14:15:44 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4177. Tue Sep 22 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4177, Calls: Applied Linguistics/ ALSIC - Apprentissage des Langues et Systemes d'Information et de Communication (Jrnl)

Editor for this issue: Andrew Lamont <alamont at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:15:35
From: Muriel GROSBOIS [muriel.grosbois at paris-sorbonne.fr]

Full Title: ALSIC - Apprentissage des Langues et Systemes d'Information et de Communication

Call Deadline: 30-Oct-2015

Exchanging views on telecollaboration
Call for proposals for a special issue of ALSIC, edited by Anthippi Potolia and Sofia Stratilaki.

In this ALSIC special issue we aim to take stock of the views taken of telecollaboration, whether via theoretical contributions - reporting on developments in research in terms of telecollaboration - or via empirical studies used to complete the rich bibliography on the subject with new contextual, methodological or intercultural insights. To achieve this, we opt for a broader conception of telecollaboration than that used in the original definition by Belz (2003: 2), also including teachers and through them institutional bodies.

We also feel that the institutional or even formal dimension of telecollaboration should be reconsidered in its broader conception: this does not only mean questioning the new literacies developed thanks to social web tools (Guth & Helm, 2010), then constructing ''bridging activities'' (Thorne & Reinhardt, 2008) to bring the informal into the formal; it is rather a matter of exploring, in non-formal situations - such as communities of online language learners -, the way in which knowledge and know-how are (co-)constructed, negotiated and complement one another (Potolia & Zourou, 2013). Lastly, we extend the notion of telecollaboration to what we consider to be the new generation of Moocs (Massive Open Online Courses) (Schulmeister, 2013) dedicated to L2 learning, based on an exchange of skills.

The studies included in this issue will:

- Cover the different players and bodies involved in telecollaboration projects;
- Focus on telecollaboration in primary, secondary and university teaching (or even outside any formal context), within the framework of multilingual and intercultural education;
- Relate experiences of language learning and teaching via telecollaboration and the use of synchronous and/or asynchronous tools;
- Opt for exchanges in tandem and/or in lingua franca;
- Reflect on methods of work (pooling, discussion, cooperation, working together), on negotiation of meaning and development of learning tasks, and on the link between proposed tasks and communication scenarios;
- Highlight the intercultural and multilingual aspects of these exchanges and issues concerning stereotyping and conflicts of opinion (O'Dowd & Ritter, 2006) or even different educational cultures;
- Demonstrate the interest of approaches focused on reflexivity and (re)discovery of oneself and others under the prism of distancing implemented, for instance, by keeping logs and/or by verbal exchanges aimed at mediation and reflection (Schneider & Von der Emde, 2006).

Expected contributions

The special issue will have the same format as regular issues of the ALSIC review. Contributions will be made under one of the following headings: Research, Practice and research, Points of view, exchanges. For more information on these headings, please see the link http://alsic.revues.org/959#tocto2n1

Languages of publication

Submissions will be accepted in English or French.

Timeline

Initially, we require a 4,000-character abstract (not including spaces and references), to be sent to anthippi.potolia at univ-wagers.fr and sofia.stratilaki at univ-wagers.fr by 30th October 2015. The selected authors must send their complete text in the first quarter of 2016. The submissions accepted will be published online during 2016.

Contact

If you have any questions, please contact us at the following addresses: apotolia at hotmail.com, sofiastratilaki at web.de