26.4218, Calls: Altaic, New English, Slavic Subgroup, Uralic, General Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Sep 25 18:09:49 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4218. Fri Sep 25 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4218, Calls: Altaic, New English, Slavic Subgroup, Uralic, General Linguistics/USA

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 14:09:38
From: Katya Rouzina [rouzina.2 at osu.edu]
Subject: 13th Graduate Colloquium on Slavic Linguistics

Full Title: 13th Graduate Colloquium on Slavic Linguistics

Date: 24-Oct-2015 - 24-Oct-2015
Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Contact Person: Katya Rouzina
Meeting Email: rouzina.2 at osu.edu
Web Site: http://slavic.osu.edu/events/13th-graduate-colloquium-slavic-linguistics

Language Family(ies): Altaic; New English; Slavic Subgroup; Uralic

Call Deadline: 01-Oct-2015

Meeting Description:

The Slavic Linguistics Forum and the Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures are pleased to announce the Thirteenth Graduate Colloquium on Slavic Linguistics. The colloquium will take place on October 24, 2015, at the Ohio State University campus in Columbus, OH.

We are also very happy to announce that our keynote speaker will be Johanna Nichols, Professor Emerita at the University of California, Berkeley.

Call for Papers:

We invite students and recent graduates working in all areas of Slavic, Balkan, and East- European linguistics to submit abstracts. These areas include but are not restricted to: phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, pragmatics, discourse analysis, conversation analysis, historical linguistics, sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics and dialectology.

We encourage students working in both formal and functional frameworks to participate in this event. Interdisciplinary projects from students in related fields such as anthropology, sociology, psychology, and comparative studies are welcome, as far as they are related to Slavic and East European languages.

Each presentation will be allowed 20 minutes plus 10 minutes for discussion.
Please send abstracts (maximum 500 words (excluding references)) to Katya Rouzina (rouzina.2 at osu.edu) by October 1.

The abstracts should be anonymous. Please include your name, affiliation, mailing address, and email address in the body of the email.
Accommodation with local graduate students will be available.

If you have any questions, please contact the organizers.

Organizers:

Katya Rouzina (rouzina.2 at osu.edu)
Hope Wilson (wilson.3134 at osu.edu)
Ryan Perkins (perkins.441 at osu.edu)