26.4238, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Belgium

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 28 16:08:10 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4238. Mon Sep 28 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4238, Calls: Applied Linguistics/Belgium

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 12:07:47
From: Elke Ruelens [elke.ruelens at hotmail.com]
Subject: Fostering Learner Autonomy: Learners, Teachers and Researchers in Action

Full Title: Fostering Learner Autonomy: Learners, Teachers and Researchers in Action

Date: 03-Mar-2016 - 04-Mar-2016
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Contact Person: LASIG Conference Antwerp Organising Committee
Meeting Email: appliedlanguagestudies at uantwerpen.be
Web Site: https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/conferences/lasig/

Call Deadline: 20-Nov-2015

Meeting Description:

This two-day event focuses on action-research in and for learner autonomy, and addresses researchers as well as teachers-as-researchers. Through a series of talks, workshops and interactive poster sessions, the conference will explore how research can be materialised and how we can enthuse our learners to become action-researchers themselves. The first conference day will give researchers the opportunity to discuss contemporary approaches to researching autonomy, while during the second day teachers will be engaged in developing frameworks and ideas for classroom action-research in which learners play an active role. A selection of conference papers and plans of action will be published as an e-book.

Plenary Speakers:

Leni Dam (formerly University College Copenhagen)
Lienhard Legenhausen (formerly University of Münster)
Annamaria Pinter (University of Warwick)
Christian Ludwig (University College Karlsruhe)

Call for Papers:

We invite abstracts from researchers and teachers for presentations, workshops and interactive poster sessions about research centering on learner autonomy and involving learners in research.

There is a separate entry for interactive poster presentations for junior researchers about action research, good practice, definitions, ...