26.4279, FYI: New Morphology Website

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Sep 30 15:55:15 UTC 2015

LINGUIST List: Vol-26-4279. Wed Sep 30 2015. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 26.4279, FYI:  New Morphology Website

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:54:46
From: Robert Beard [rbeard at bucknell.edu]
Subject: New Morphology Website

 This is to announce that I have opened my personal website, rbeard.org/linguistics, which will bring all the articles on LMBM, Lexeme-Morpheme Base Morphology, together in one place. The LMBM website contains the following:

1. A competence theory of inflection (syntactic derivation) and word formation (lexical derivation)
- which explains empty morphemes, null morphemes, morphological over- and underdetermination, and other morphological phenomena (Separation Hypothesis),
- showing that the same categories that syntax operate over (inflectional categories) are used by the lexicon for word formation (including a list of all word formation types),
- along with a complete list of those 44 categories which I consider universal (Unitary Grammatical Function
Hypothesis)

2. the performance theory of the lexicon and morphology that is included in LMBM (Lexical Stock Expansion)

3. an explanation of the relationship of lexical categories to semantics (Decompositional Composition)

4. a hypothesis of the relationship of morphological operations and the functions of the brain

The website will fit monitors of all sizes from smart phones to desktops. Many of the articles at rbeard.org/linguistics may be downloaded at my presence on ResearchGate.org.

Linguistic Field(s): Morphology