27.1660, Donate to Win More Prizes from Our Next Fund Drive Giveaway!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 8 17:32:49 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1660. Fri Apr 08 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1660, Donate to Win More Prizes from Our Next Fund Drive Giveaway!

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté, Sara Couture)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Sara  Couture <sara at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2016 13:32:37
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]

Dear Fellow Linguists, Colleagues and Subscribers,

We are wrapping up this week's publisher prize lottery. In case you missed the
announcement for this and you still want a chance to win one of the prizes
from this first bundle(read the list of prizes here:
https://linguistlist.org/issues/27/27-1535.html ), donate before 5 PM EST
tonight to enter your name into the drawing.

***

We are also introducing our next publisher prize bundle, again generously
donated by our Supporting Publishers:

Bloomsbury Publishing has donated The Bloomsbury Companion To Second Language
Acquisition edited by Ernesto Macaro(http://goo.gl/750tBD), an excellent
resource if your research interests are in applied linguistics or language
acquisition.

Brill is donating FIVE copies of Eight Decades of General Linguistics, The
History of CIPL and Its Role in the History of Linguistics edited by Ferenc
Kiefer and Piet van Sterkenburg(http://goo.gl/2j6LBg), which includes
influential articles by linguistic giants in the field who have contributed
greatly to the discipline over the years.

Cambridge University Press is donating TWO prizes this week. Firstly, they are
giving away TWO one-year online subscriptions to their journal Language and
Cognition (http://goo.gl/WLLnas), which is perfect if your interests lie in
the cognitive sciences, in addition to linguistics. Secondly, they are also
donating The Cambridge Handbook of Learner Corpus Research
(http://goo.gl/9OdA7P) edited by Sylviane Granger, Gaëtanelle Gilquin, and
Fanny Meunier, for the corpus linguists among you!

We have TWO prizes from De Gruyter as well. First, De Gruyter is donating
Third Person Reference in Late Latin by Bordal Hertzenberg and Mari
Johanne(http://goo.gl/Qa1Gks), a great resource for the historical linguists
studying the Romance languages. Second, they are also giving away ONE one-year
subscription to their journal Linguistics Vanguard (http://goo.gl/hn4yZn),
their new multidiscipinary journal that covers many subfields of linguistics
and integrates interactive content.

>From Elsevier, just as last week, we are giving away ONE personal one-year
electronic subscription to an Elsevier linguistics journal of the winner’s
choice (complete list of their linguistic journals here:
to you, so if you missed this one last week, you have another chance to win
one!

***

To win any of these fantastic prizes from this coming week's prize bundle, you
can donate to win, until Friday April 15th, at 5 PM EST. For every $10 you
donate, your name will be entered into the lottery to win. So if you donate
$30, your name goes into the drawing three times. Donate by the link below:

http://goo.gl/e656LG

In addition to the one-time donations to our Fund Drive, you can also become a
recurring donor and support LINGUIST List on a long-term basis.  Find out how
by following this link:

http://goo.gl/Q27jls

And as always, if you cannot donate monetarily, you can help us out in other
ways, such as liking, sharing, and retweeting our Fund Drive posts on social
media. If you like the LINGUIST List and have benefited from our free service,
tell your friends about the LINGUIST List and our Fund Drive. Every little bit
of support is appreciated!

There will be many more great prizes from our supporting publishers in the
coming month, so stay tuned to our social media pages to hear about more
prizes that you can win. Thanks and good luck!

Linguistically yours,
The LINGUIST List Crew

                       Fund Drive 2016

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $79,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out Fund Drive 2016 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

For all information on donating, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, PayPal or wire transfer, please visit:

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Indiana University and
as such can receive donations through the eLinguistics Foundation,
which is a registered 501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal
Tax number is 45-4211155. These donations can be offset against
your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers only).
For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial
advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that
they will match any gift you make to a non-profit organization.
Normally this entails your contacting your human resources department
and sending us a form that the eLinguistics Foundation fills in and
returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative
procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if
your company operates such a program.