27.1917, Fund Drive 2016: Join the Challenge!

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Apr 26 17:24:12 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-1917. Tue Apr 26 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.1917, Fund Drive 2016: Join the Challenge!

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry, Robert Coté, Sara Couture)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Ashley Parker <ashley at linguistlist.org>

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:22:39
From: LINGUIST List [linguist at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Fund Drive 2016: Join the Challenge!

 Dear Fellow Linguists,

We are on our way to hitting the $25,000 mark soon, but these past few days have been pretty slow for Fund Drive 2016. Will you help us reach that number today by donating? We NEED to reach our goal, and we all hope to do that soon! As of 1:30 pm (EST), we are only at $22,753.40.  If you’d like LINGUIST List to continue operating free of charge to our subscribers, the Choice is YOURS!

As a reminder, we have several donation benefits you can enjoy no matter how much you donate. Along with supporting LINGUIST, you can use your donation to help your university, business, subfield, country, or region in our  challenges!

In our Subfield Challenge, computational linguistics continues to dominate with donations totaling over $3,369. Syntax, the strong leader for most of the fund drive, has fallen a little behind, but can easily catch up! We challenge you syntacticians to take the lead back! We would also like to congratulate historical linguistics for hitting the $1,000 mark! We now have EIGHT subfields that have hit the mark! Psycholinguistics, you're next!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/subfield/ for a full list!

In our University Challenge, Indiana University Bloomington and the University of Washington are in a tight battle! Washington holds the lead, at the moment, but that could change with a single donation! Or, will it be YOUR university?! We currently have representation from over 100 different universities around the world, from the USA, to South Africa, to Germany! We are grateful to have hit that number, but we know we have thousands and thousands of subscribers from all over the world—it’s your turn to step up!

So far this week, we've received donations from Universität zu Köln, University of Amsterdam, University of Toronto, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Anglia Ruskin University, Qatar University, and Western Sydney University!

Please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/university/ for a full list!

Check out the results of our Business Challenge. In a tie is:

- Kunnskapsforlaget
- Oxford University Press

We look forward to this list of businesses growing and hopefully some stiff competition!

To make a donation and help your subfield, university, business, region, or country win, please visit http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/donate/.

Thank you all for your support!

Sincerely,
The LINGUIST List Team

                       Fund Drive 2016

This year the LINGUIST List hopes to raise $79,000. This money
will go to help keep the List running by supporting all of our
Student Editors for the coming year.

Don't forget to check out Fund Drive 2016 site!

http://funddrive.linguistlist.org/

For all information on donating, including information on how to
donate by check, money order, PayPal or wire transfer, please visit:

The LINGUIST List is under the umbrella of Indiana University and
as such can receive donations through the eLinguistics Foundation,
which is a registered 501(c) Non Profit organization. Our Federal
Tax number is 45-4211155. These donations can be offset against
your federal and sometimes your state tax return (U.S. tax payers only).
For more information visit the IRS Web-Site, or contact your financial
advisor.

Many companies also offer a gift matching program, such that
they will match any gift you make to a non-profit organization.
Normally this entails your contacting your human resources department
and sending us a form that the eLinguistics Foundation fills in and
returns to your employer. This is generally a simple administrative
procedure that doubles the value of your gift to LINGUIST, without
costing you an extra penny. Please take a moment to check if
your company operates such a program.