27.3214, Qs: Meta-analyses on Infant Learning: Unpublished Data

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Aug 8 17:39:22 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3214. Mon Aug 08 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3214, Qs: Meta-analyses on Infant Learning: Unpublished Data

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 13:39:00
From: Alejandrina Cristia [alecristia at gmail.com]

Dear colleagues,

I have carried out meta-analyses of near-replications of two influential
studies, one on infant learning of speech sound categories (Maye, Werker, &
Gerken, 2002), the other on infant learning of phonotactics (Chambers, Onishi
& Fisher, 2003), so far mostly on the basis of public reports on journals and
proceedings. If you have carried out a study following this literature that
has not been considered (see links below for the full list), or if you have
information that would be relevant to one of these meta-analyses, please
consider getting in touch with me (alecristia at gmail.com) or filling in an
anonymous questionnaire, which should take less than 5 minutes:

Infant Distributional Learning:

- Anonymous form to provide information:
https://goo.gl/forms/KSnXkw8t58VqWmyi1
- Full list of references considered
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12k_HT4TnTjHWyJDQceKWbeLYBxbX0d31sz2cdW
B9IkY/edit?usp=sharing

Infant Phonotactic Learning:

- Anonymous form to provide information:
https://goo.gl/forms/KSnXkw8t58VqWmyi1
- Full list of references considered
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yxPbQkC7dwfj8Ke2NzBEKzQGpwShGDVVF9QTec
RnLS0/edit?usp=sharing

I thank you in advance for your time and invite you to visit the associated
OSF project on https://osf.io/4c8wb/ for further information.

Alejandrina Cristia
Researcher, CNRS, Laboratoire de Sciences Cognitives et Psycholinguistique
acristia.org
alecristia at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
                     Language Acquisition