27.3371, Jobs: General Linguistics: Associate / Full Professor / Chair of Department, University of Utah

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Aug 24 13:39:41 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-3371. Wed Aug 24 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.3371, Jobs: General Linguistics: Associate / Full Professor / Chair of Department, University of Utah

Reviews: reviews at linguistlist.org (Anthony Aristar, Helen Aristar-Dry,
                                   Robert Coté, Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Amanda Foster <amanda at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 09:39:32
From: Rachel Hayes-Harb [r.hayes-harb at utah.edu]
Subject: General Linguistics: Associate / Full Professor / Chair of Department, University of Utah, Utah, USA

University or Organization: University of Utah
Department: Linguistics
Job Location: Utah, USA
Web Address: http://linguistics.utah.edu/
Job Title: Department Chair
Job Rank: Associate Professor; Chair of Department; Full Professor

Specialty Areas: General Linguistics

The Department of Linguistics at the University of Utah is seeking a
Department Chair to build on our strong foundation and recent growth. The
successful candidate, to be appointed at the rank of Professor (senior
Associate Professors are encouraged to apply), must demonstrate a strong,
active, and visible research program in Linguistics; strong leadership
qualities; administrative experience; and a forward-looking approach to the
enhancement of the diversity and success of our students and faculty.

The Linguistics Department, housed in the College of Humanities, is comprised
of 11 tenure-track faculty members with core strengths in theoretical syntax,
semantics, phonology, and second language phonology. Our faculty also have
interests in historical linguistics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, and
second language teaching. We have undergraduate, MA, and PhD programs, a TESOL
certificate, and a thriving academic community.

The University of Utah, a member of the PAC 12, is located within walking
distance of downtown Salt Lake City along the foothills of the Rocky
Mountains, offering world-class skiing, mountain biking, and hiking. Salt Lake
City is consistently ranked among the nation’s most livable cities and best
college towns, and is home to an impressively cosmopolitan and diverse
population. Along with its magnificent landscape and multiple recreational
opportunities, Salt Lake City enjoys a vibrant city center, a wide range of
quality visual and performing arts venues, distinctive neighborhoods, and a
reasonable cost of living.

We invite potential applicants to visit our department’s web site (see web
address below) to learn more about us and our vision for our future.

Interested candidates should submit a CV and a letter of interest using the
application URL below.

References will be requested at a later date.  Applicants’ identities will be
protected until late in the process. The position will remain open until
filled, but serious consideration of candidates will begin in late October.
Please do not hesitate to contact search committee chair Rachel Hayes-Harb
(see contact information below) if you have any questions about the position
or the search.

The University of Utah is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and
educator. Minorities, women, veterans, and those with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to qualified
veterans. Reasonable disability accommodations will be provided with adequate
notice. For additional information about the University’s commitment to equal
opportunity and access see: http://www.utah.edu/nondiscrimination/

Application Deadline: 01-Feb-2017 (Open until filled)

Web Address for Applications: https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/55929
Contact Information:
	Associate Professor Rachel Hayes-Harb
	Email: r.hayes-harb at utah.edu