27.4940, Calls: Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/Germany

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 2 15:27:24 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-4940. Fri Dec 02 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.4940, Calls: Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics/Germany

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 10:27:16
From: Ina Machura [WritingSymposium2017 at zfbk.uni-giessen.de]
Subject: Writing Symposium 2017 – Supporting L2 Writing in Higher Education

Full Title: Writing Symposium 2017 – Supporting L2 Writing in Higher Education

Date: 06-Apr-2017 - 07-Apr-2017
Location: Giessen, Germany
Contact Person: Ina Machura
Meeting Email: WritingSymposium2017 at zfbk.uni-giessen.de
Web Site: http://www.uni-giessen.de/writing-symposium-2017

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics

Call Deadline: 03-Jan-2017

Meeting Description:

After previous conferences held in Lüneburg, Osnabrück and Munich, the
University of Giessen is looking forward to continue what has by now become a
tradition by hosting the Writing Symposium 2017 – Supporting L2 Writing in
Higher Education on 6 and 7 April 2017. As in past years, we will examine ways
to further students’ L2 (academic) writing with an additional focus on how to
foster writing in the disciplines and plurilingualism as a resource in L2
writing.

Our keynote speakers will be Paul Kei Matsuda (Arizona State University) and
Melanie Brinkschulte (Georg-August-Universität Göttingen).

Call for Papers:

We are inviting writing educators and researchers to present and discuss their
research on and experience with L2 writing support and development in paper
and poster presentations as well as in workshops. The conference languages
will be English and German.

For the Writing Symposium 2017 we welcome submissions for paper presentations,
workshops and posters. Please submit abstracts of between 300 and 350 words
(plus references) in English or German for a 30-minute presentation (plus 15
minutes of discussion), a 90-minute workshop or a poster, always indicating
your preferred language. Please email your proposal as an attachment to
WritingSymposium2017 at zfbk.uni-giessen.de

The deadline for submission is 3 January 2017.

The conference team is looking forward to receiving your proposals and will be
happy to answer any questions – please don’t hesitate to get in touch. The
conference team can be reached at WritingSymposium2017 at zfbk.uni-giessen.de

For more information, go to our website:

          http://multitree.org/