27.5006, Qs: Request for Participation in a Linguistic Survey

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Dec 7 20:31:01 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-5006. Wed Dec 07 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.5006, Qs: Request for Participation in a Linguistic Survey

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2016 15:30:54
From: Davide Zullo [davide.zullo at uzh.ch]

I am conducting a research study on Multiple Modals and I devised an online
survey with acceptability judgments. This case study will be part of my master
thesis in linguistics.

I am looking for English native speakers, possibly monolingual, who live or
have lived most of their lives in an English-speaking country.

Specifically, I'm interested in the southern United States, Scotland, northern
England, Bahamas, Hawaii, Jamaica, French Guyana (Saramaccan & Suriname),
Nigeria, St. Helena, Tristan da Cunha, New Zealand, and Fiji.

I am thus kindly asking the LinguistList community to share the link of the
survey with friends, colleagues, and acquaintances living in one of the
aforementioned countries who would be willing to respond to this 10-15-minute
online questionnaire:

http://worldlanguage.limequery.com/484137?lang=en

Basic requirement: Respondents must not know which feature is being
investigated.

If you have any questions about participation or would like information about
the findings, you may contact Davide Zullo at davide.zullo at uzh.ch.

Linguistic Field(s): Typology

Subject Language(s): Creole English, Bahamas (bah)
                     Creole English, Guyanese (gyn)