27.5027, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Text/Corpus Ling/Portugal

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 8 19:57:43 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-5027. Thu Dec 08 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.5027, Calls: Discourse Analysis, Text/Corpus Ling/Portugal

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 14:57:33
From: Margarida Azevedo [sec.clunl at fcsh.unl.pt]
Subject: 5th International Conference on Grammar & Text

Full Title: 5th International Conference on Grammar & Text
Short Title: GRATO

Date: 28-Jun-2017 - 30-Jun-2017
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Contact Person: Secretariado CLUNL
Meeting Email: grato at fcsh.unl.pt

Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2017

Meeting Description:

The International Conference on Grammar and Text (GRATO) is held, on a
biannual basis, since 2009, by the ‘Grammar & Text’ research Group (from NOVA
Linguistics Centre – Centro de Linguística da Universidade NOVA de Lisboa).

We are pleased to announce the 5th GRATO conference, which will be organized
in 2007, around three main topics:

Grammar & Grammaticalization:

We invite the submission of papers addressing grammatical phenomena from
various theoretical and methodological perspectives. We thus expect to promote
the debate of both ‘grammar’ and/or ‘grammaticalization” topics which may
enhance the study of natural languages’ forms and constructions.

Text & Textualization:

We invite the submission of papers that deal with ‘text’ as both a process and
a product, aiming at the characterization of different manners of ‘making
text’. The proposals should analyse text classes or specific texts, pointing
out the connection between relevant contextual and linguistic aspects and
showing the praxeological and gnoseological functioning related to language
activity.

Discourse and Discursivity:

Papers are invited which deal with the concept of utterance as a
linguistic-discursive unit, showing the relations between discourse,
production conditions and social action, and emphasising the discursivity
process as a permanent co-construction of forms and contents.

We hope to feature talks related to one of the above topics and also those
which propose links between these topics.

Plenary Speakers:

Martin Becker (University of Cologne)
Gilles Philippe (Université de Lausanne)
Patrick Charaudeau (Université Paris 13)

Call for Papers:

We welcome submissions for oral presentations (20 min. + 10 min. for
discussion) or posters.

Participations are limited to one individual oral presentation or poster and
one coauthored presentation per speaker.

Proposals should specify the GRATO topic to be addressed.

Abstracts should be written in one of the conference languages: Portuguese,
English, Spanish or French.

Abstract Details:

Abstracts should contain 400-500 words (including bibliographical references)
and specify:

- Title
- Author(s) name(s)
- Affiliation
- Conference topic to be addressed
- Keywords (5 max.)
- Description of the objectives, theoretical framework and methodology
- Bibliographical references (5 max.).

Abstracts format: Times New Roman, 12 pt, line space 1,5.

For each abstract two versions must be prepared, one with the author(s)
name(s) and one anonymous, and they should be sent to: grato at fcsh.unl.pt
before February 15.

Abstract submission deadline: February 15.
Notification of Acceptance: March 30.
Registration: starting April 3.

                       Fund Drive 2016