27.5167, All: All: Donate to LINGUIST List

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Dec 16 03:02:35 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-5167. Thu Dec 15 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.5167, All: All: Donate to LINGUIST List

                                   Michael Czerniakowski)

                       Fund Drive 2016
                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Malgorzata Cavar <gosia at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 22:01:15
From: Malgorzata Cavar [gosia at linguistlist.org]
Subject: Donate to LINGUIST List

 Dear Colleagues, Linguist List supporters, linguistics and language lovers,

Two days ago LINGUIST List turned 26, a serious age for a mailing list, web-site and information portal. We want to thank you for another year of support, feedback, words of appreciation and encouragement, for following the posts and for your submissions. 2016 was another very busy year for us as the media landscape is changing dramatically and we need to keep abreast with constantly changing technology. This year we have been more present on social media, we expanded by adding GeoLing to our services, and we worked on maintaining resources such as MultiTree and LL-Map, transforming the data and taking the technology and resources to a new level.

As the year is coming to an end we would like to ask again for donations. Unlike other organizations, we do not collect membership fees, we are not state or government funded (no, the NSF does NOT fund the LINGUIST List operation). If you enjoy your linguistic news, edited, checked, approved, if you like being informed about what is going on linguistically world-wide, please donate and help us continue our daily operations:

With best wishes for the holiday season,

Malgosia Cavar
on behalf of the LINGUIST List team

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable

                       Fund Drive 2016