27.639, Qs: Support in statistical analysis

The LINGUIST List via LINGUIST linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 3 14:36:12 UTC 2016

LINGUIST List: Vol-27-639. Wed Feb 03 2016. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 27.639, Qs: Support in statistical analysis

                   25 years of LINGUIST List!

Editor for this issue: Anna White <awhite at linguistlist.org>

Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2016 09:35:58
From: Basima Mahmood [mahmood.basima at gmail.com]
Subject: Support in statistical analysis

Dear all,

I am Basima Mahmood, a PhD student in the University of Göttingen. I intend to
do a research in language change and (ir)regularization trying to investigate
to what extent current uses of regular and irregular verbs and nouns may
provide evidence for single or dual mechanism. The web is chosen as a
linguistic corpus, as language change in such bilingual communities is much
more rapid than in monolingual communities.
Right now, I am doing the statistical analysis part using R program. As I have
no previous experience in such kind of analysis, I am here to seek for any
possible assistance that pushes my work forward.

Best regards,

Basima Mahmood
Mahmood.basima at gmail.com

Linguistic Field(s): Language Acquisition

Subject Language(s): English (eng)